The task was to modify a soda bottle so that, when launched into the air using water and compressed air, the 'rocket' would fly in a stable arc. We would evaluate the efficiency of our rockets by observing the distance travelled and the stability of the flight.
Our students had to:
- Research aerodynamics and how real rocket scientists overcome air resistance
- Draw some early concepts and ideas
- Build a Beta model, and then test it out
- Modify the Beta model and re-test
- Present a final model, along with design paperwork
We got to do some Beta testing last week, although not as much as we would have liked, due to inclement weather conditions! Here are some pictures of our attempts!