What a week it was! The Year 6 students spent last week exploring the Goldfields, travelling to Kalgoorlie/Boulder and Coolgardie.
After a brisk seven hour trip on the Prospector, the students (along with a small gang of intrepid adult supervisors) muscled our luggage to the Kalgoorlie Camp School, which would be our base for the next four days.
We all had a wonderful time. The students were kept very busy engaged in a variety of activities, including:
- panning for gold
- exploring the Superpit - an engineering marvel
- visiting the Boulder and Kalgoorlie town hall
- Exploring Coolgardie
- Swimming at the Kalgoorlie town pool
- walking through Warden Finnity's house
- Visiting the Hannan's North mining museum
- Visiting the Royal Flying Doctor's base
Apart from the educational stuff, we all had fun playing games, taking part in a quiz night, and eating lots of food.
When we finally arrived back in Perth at 9.45pm on Friday night, we were all exhausted but have memories that will undoubtedly last forever.
Check out some of the photos below. More will be added as I work out how to download them from my phone! Also, Mr Meachem has taken (literally) thousands of pics, which will be placed on the school blog within the next few days, so check them out!